You wouldn’t believe the number of Bills the Arkansas Legislature has filed. I’m screening them as it is, and will have to screen them more to keep up. So without further ado…
- SB65 would make it possible to move your kid to a neighboring school district without moving if you don’t like the district they’re in.
- SB66 would waive some rules and regulations for school districts that meet certain criteria. What is a district of innovation? I’ll let the Bill speak:
District of innovation plan.
(a) A public school district shall develop and submit a district of innovation plan to the Commissioner of Education to become a district of innovation.
(b) A district of innovation plan shall address, without limitation:
(1) The goals and performance targets for the district of innovation, which may include:
(A) Reducing the achievement gap among one (1) or more groups of students by expanding learning experiences for academically low-achieving students;
(B) Increasing student learning through the implementation of highly rigorous standards for student performance;
(C) Increasing student participation at each grade level in curriculum and instructional components within selected schools of innovation;
(D) Increasing the number of college and career ready students; and
(E) Motivating students at each grade level by offering more curriculum choices and student learning opportunities to parents and students in the district of innovation.
- SB73 lays out the chemicals used and how they are used in an execution.
- SB92 deals with the statute of limitations. Previously it was unlimited for murder. Now this will enable you to be charged for any sexual offense with a minor no matter how far back it happened.
- SB 93 is to authorize a study on the best way to deal with an active shooter situation in schools. I’d suggest shoot back, but that’s just me.
|SB65||TO AMEND THE PUBLIC SCHOOL CHOICE ACT OF 1989.||J. Key|
|SB66||TO IMPROVE EDUCATION IN ARKANSAS BY CREATING DISTRICTS OF INNOVATION.||Elliott|
|SB73||AN ACT REGARDING THE ADMINISTRATION AND METHOD OF CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.||Hester|
|SB92||TO AMEND THE LIMITATIONS PERIOD FOR CERTAIN SEX CRIMES INVOLVING MINORS.||Hickey|
|SB93||TO REQUIRE A STUDY OF THE READINESS AND CAPABILITIES OF PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOR PREVENTING AND RESPONDING TO ACTS OF VIOLENCE AGAINST STUDENTS AND SCHOOL PERSONNEL AT SCHOOL.||L. Chesterfield|