What else does the Senate have in store for us? Well…
- SB21 divvies up the tax money. One interesting thing I noticed while reading, only 45% of most of the departments that fix things goes toward fixing things. Bureaucracy takes up 55%. Top heavy, overgrown government. Also…The State Aid Street Fund shall consist of one cent (1¢) per gallon tax 24 from revenue distributed under the Arkansas Highway Revenue Distribution Law from the proceeds derived from existing motor fuel taxes and distillate fuel taxes, there to be used for construction, reconstruction, and improvements of the state aid street system and apportioned to municipalities as prescribed in § 27-72-413.
That’s where my motor fuel taxes should already be doing that.
- SB22 updates to include new laws that have been passed for when the Revenue Stabilization kicks in gear.
- SB33 sets up a system to test and help kid’s with dyslexia in school at the earliest possible.
- SB52 determines who goes to executions and how they see them carried out.
- SB55 adds fine and imprisonment as a choice for those who violate the UNIFORM MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER’S LICENSE ACT. Here’s the .pdf if you want to find it here
- SB56 makes it where if a sex offender from out of state wants to move here has to pay a fee.(2) The fee provided in subsection (b) of this section shall be collected by the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction over the person’s sex offender verification and shall be remitted by the tenth day of each month to the Administration of Justice Fund Section of the Office of Administrative Services of the Department of Finance and Administration on a form provided by that office for deposit into the Sex and Child Offenders Registration Fund as established by § 12-12-911.
- SB57 strengthens the sex offender act by adding temporary residence for 5 or more days every calendar year, or false paperwork, among other definitions.
|SB21||AN ACT TO AMEND THE REVENUE CLASSIFICATION LAW OF ARKANSAS; AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.||Joint Budget Committee|
|SB22||AN ACT TO AMEND THE ARKANSAS REVENUE STABILIZATION LAW OF ARKANSAS.||Joint Budget Committee|
|SB33||TO ENSURE THAT CHILDREN WITH DYSLEXIA HAVE THEIR NEEDS MET BY THE PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM.||Elliott|
|SB52||REGARDING VICTIMS’ RIGHTS IN CAPITAL PUNISHMENT CASES.||Hester|
|SB55||REGARDING THE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATING THE UNIFORM MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER’S LICENSE ACT.||J. Woods|
|SB56||TO REQUIRE A FEE FOR A NEW RESIDENT REQUIRED TO REGISTER AS A SEX OFFENDER.||J. Woods|
|SB57||REGARDING THE SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION ACT OF 1997 AND REGARDING THE REQUIREMENTS OF REGISTERING AS A SEX OFFENDER.||J. Woods|