What else does the Arkansas Legislature have in store for us?
- HB1012 from what I’ve read is to throttle Federal Law Enforcement when they act in the state of Arkansas by placing them under the watchful eyes of local law when they make arrests.
- HB1013 relocates the Veterans’ Home from the old Arkansas School for the Blind and the Arkansas School for the Deaf building to another location.
- HB1014 deals with concealed carry for former law enforcement waiving the training requirement to get a Concealed Handgun License.
- HB1015 updates the archaic school rule against pagers in school while giving permission (really?) to make rules for electronic communication devices.
- HB1016 is a 200$ tax credit for new volunteer firefighters.
- HB1017 will raise a lot of hell with teaching a bible course. From the bill:The State Board of Education shall allow for an elective academic study of the Bible course or courses that consist of a nonsectarian, nonreligious academic study of the Bible and its influence on literature, art, music, culture, and politics to be offered to students in public school districts,…
- HB1018 changes the unemployment benefit calculation from 25 times of a persons weekly benefit amount to 26 times or 1/3 of their wages for insured work in their base period, whichever is lesser.
- HB1019’s title says it all, when the government buys anything to use in construction, they buy things made in the U.S.A.
- HB1020 limits the liability of a landowner who lets someone use their land for free if someone was hurt.
- HB1021 changes some grammar, reimburses the sheriff if they’re transporting an inmate and and if an inmate is being sued then the Department of Corrections is responsible for transport.
I noticed a lot of these bills are from Denny Altes. Busy guy. Anything you don’t like, let them know. Speak Up or be shackled.
|HB1012||TO PROVIDE FOR JURISDICTIONAL COOPERATION REGARDING ARRESTS, SEARCHES, AND SEIZURES BY FEDERAL EMPLOYEES.||D. Altes|
|HB1013||TO CHANGE THE LOCATION, USE, AND CAPACITY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS’ AFFAIRS VETERANS’ HOME||J. Edwards|
|HB1014||TO EXTEND THE CONCEALED HANDGUN LICENSE EXEMPTION TO FORMER CERTIFIED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.||Harris|
|HB1015||TO ALLOW PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICTS TO ESTABLISH POLICIES CONCERNING STUDENT USE OF ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS DEVICES AT SCHOOL.||Harris|
|HB1016||TO PROVIDE AN INCOME TAX CREDIT FOR NEW VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS.||Farrer|
|HB1017||TO ALLOW SCHOOL DISTRICTS TO ADOPT CURRICULUM STANDARDS FOR AN ACADEMIC STUDY OF THE BIBLE COURSE AS DIRECTED BY THIS ACT.||D. Altes|
|HB1018||TO SPECIFY THE CALCULATION PROCESS FOR MAXIMUM UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.||Nickels|
|HB1019||TO ENACT THE BUY AMERICAN IN STATE PUBLIC WORKS ACT AND TO FOSTER THE PURCHASE AND USE OF AMERICAN-MADE METALS AND PRODUCTS IN STATE PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS.||Nickels|
|HB1020||TO EXTEND THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERMITTING THE RECREATIONAL USE OF LAND TO A LANDOWNER WHO PERMITS THE FREE USE OF THE LANDOWNER’S PROPERTY FOR FLYING AND LANDING AIRCRAFT.||Jett|
|HB1021||CONCERNING THE TRANSPORTATION OF INMATES IN THE CUSTODY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION OR THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY CORRECTION FOR LEGAL PROCEEDINGS.||Wright||A|